- 12VDC-13.8VDC general-purpose power supplies
- 'Greener' advanced switched-mode technology
- Additional filtering to protect against electrical spikes
- Electronic fuse protection restores power automatically after intermittent power faults,
- DIN-rail mounted versions.
- 19" rack-mounted versions
- Choice of 6 x steel, 2 x IP66 & 1 x IP65 plastic housings available
- Available in PCB-only versions for inclusion inside customers' own products
- Output Voltage for non-battery charging units = 12VDC
- Output voltage for battery charging units = 13.8VDC
- Output current ratings from 0.5A to 50A
- Dual PSU redundancy additional safeguard for secure infrastructure systems
Dycon units can be supplied with or without battery charging capability. Using the most advanced switched-mode technology these units offer long-term, reliable operation and significant electricity savings.
Dycon's advanced technology - smart, innovative, and reliable....
- Very little heat produced compared to linear power supplies means they can be installed almost anywhere without the need for noisy cooling fans
- Unique battery charging feature reduces strain on batteries, thus prolonging their life
- Self-resetting electronic fuses auto-reset after problem goes away, helping reduce engineer call outs
- Anti-'spike' filtering protects access control systems from downtime due to blown fuses caused by electric/magnetic door releases
Dycon's 'green' technology can save electricity. Typically a Dycon switched-mode 1A unit can save up to 194KWh p.a. compared to an old-fashioned technology version.
A useful way of reducing the carbon footprint of sites with lots of older units in situ is to simply remove the existing PCB and fit a new Dycon version in its place, no need to change the housing.
Driving down service costs........
All of the units have protection from at least one or more of the following hazards: -
- Input surges and transients
- Under-and-over AC voltage
- Battery-reverse connection
- Over battery charge current
See individual data sheets for details of what protection each unit offers
Substantially removing the need for costly engineer visits to rectify such problems. We do not use conventional glass fuses, which can necessitate yet another engineer visit just to replace a single broken fuse, instead, Dycon pioneered the use of electronic self-resetting fuses which reset after the fault has been cleared.
Choosing the right housing........
Dycon boxes are available, ready assembled, and wired, for most standard Dycon power supply modules, check the Quick Product Guide to see if your requisite power requirement is available in any particular housing. To download a copy of the Quick Product Guide, which also lists all Dycon power supply units by voltage output and by current output, click on the link on the Frontpage or on the Download page of this website
HOUSING TYPE Dimensions (WIDTH x HEIGHT x DEPTH - WEIGHT)
- A' box; 168mm x 238mm x 90mm - 1.1 kg
- 'B' box; 315mm x 260mm x 90mm - 1.9 kg
- XLB box; 400mm x 290mm x 90mm - 2.2 kg
- 'C' box; 425mm x 345mm x 90mm - 3.3 kg
- 'E' box; 405mm x 500mm x 90 mm - 5.8 kg
- 'G' box; 690mm x 455mm x 120mm - 8.5 kg
IP-Rated plastic boxes
- 'W' box -IP65; 245mm x 195mm x 90mm - 0.47 kg
- IP66 box (small); 180mm x 180mm x 90mm - 0.435 kg
- IP66 box (large); 254mm x 180mm x 90mm - 0.55 kg
Larger Steel Housings, even more space......
The larger, 'E' and 'G' type steel housing have been specifically designed for use in projects where additional space is required for 3rd party modules, extra batteries, or additional cabling.
Dycon Pro-Fix XLB & XLB-BK advanced steel housing
Dycon's advanced Pro-Fix XLB & XLB-BK boxes offer an innovative solution to installing units in areas with restricted space or access. The XLB version is finished in white whereas the XLB-BK has a scratch-resistant black finish. Removable side panels make cabling simple and its unique solution for providing 230VAC mains power, without the need for a specialist electrician, saves both time and money.
And batteries to match...........
Dycon Power Solutions can also supply a range of Yucel™ 12V batteries from Yuasa™; these have been specially selected to complement the advanced features of Dycon's extensive range of power supplies described above They provide reliable standby power from 2.1Ah, 7Ah, 17Ah, 24Ah to 38Ah for all intruder, access control, fire, CCTV and building management systems
All Delivered to your door
As well as supplying individual batteries, Dycon has an all-in-one service designed to ensure that you always have the right equipment when going to the site. Simply specify the battery you require when ordering a Dycon power supply and it will be included, together with that unit and the correct battery cable, when we ship it to your designated address.