- Dycon fire system power supply units, D2431, D2433 & D2435 are 3rd party certified to EN54-4 by Intertek UK, these all feature:-
- * First units to actively monitor each battery's impedance rather than just voltage, a method recommended by the UK Fire Industry Association.
- * Each unit's intelligence determines where power is needed most; if the batteries are low and need more charge but the system current draw is low, it will divert more power to charging and vice versa.
- *Options for 2 x 7AH batteries or 2 x 17Ah versions
- Dycon fire power supply units, D2401, D2402 and D2403 are specially designed to drive magnetic fire door retainers and locking devices. They feature: -
- *An output specifically designed for highly inductive loads thus eliminating the need for additional control relays and circuitry thus reducing the chance of an ‘electrical spike’ causing a door to remain closed or open.
- *Intelligent and capacitive load switching surge protection and snubbing.
- *All units are protected by Dycon’s unique intelligent electronic fuse technology with automatic reset to reduce system downtime.
- *A normally closed (NC) volt-free opto-relay output for remotely signalling the status and serviceability of units
A radical new way to look at EN54-4 power supply units........
2 sizes of steel housings to suit 2 x 7/8Ah or 2 x 17Ah batteries
The UK Fire Industry Association (FIA) issued an important statement concerning the problem of accurate monitoring of fire alarm system batteries highlighting that:- Battery Voltage Reading ‘does not give a true indication of the health and condition of the battery; surface charge, temperature and age of the battery affect results’. *This document is © Fire Industry Association and can be downloaded from their web site using the following link http://www.fia.uk.com/resourceLibrary/guidance-lead-acid-batteries-in-fda-systems.html
We at Dycon agree with this which is why we created and developed NGI™ (Next Generation Intelligence) technology. NGI™ offers a whole host of new features that radically improve the way that a fire system power supply should operate.
Dycon fire system EN54-4 certified power supply units, D2431, D2433 & D2435
- On-demand battery charging and load output current sharing.
- Microprocessor monitored and controlled voltage and amperage.
- Units measure real-time battery impedance, not simply voltage.
- Actual Battery condition is measured and indicated.
- Integral on-board temperature sensor with auto-charge rate compensation.
- Additional socket for remote temperature monitoring sensor.
- 4 x status LED's.
- 2 x individual fused outputs.
- All data can be recorded and remotely accessed (suitable interface available for OEM customers)
D2435-17, EN54-4 certified 5A PSU with 2 x 17Ah batteries
Dycon fire system power supply units, D2401, D2402 & D2403 and battery backed up D2412 & D2413
24VDC Switched-Mode Power Supplies for Powering Magnetic Fire Door Retainers and Other Door Releases
These Dycon power supply units are 24VDC switched-mode, 1-3A power supplies ideally suited for powering magnetic fire door retainers, access control applications and general 24VDC power applications. These units, additionally, have a normally closed (NC) volt-free output for remotely signalling the status and serviceability of units.
This fault output can be used to indicate problems either locally using or remotely via a suitable signalling device or indicator.
The power output of all these units is designed for highly inductive loads (magnetic door retainers and releases) eliminating the need for additional control relays and circuitry and reducing the chance of an ‘electrical spike causing a door to remain closed or open, a frequent cause of personnel delays and expensive engineer call outs.
The range features intelligent and capacitive load switching surge protection and snubbing with all units also protected by Dycon’s unique intelligent electronic fuse technology with automatic reset to reduce system downtime
Ther D2412 and D2413 units also provide battery back-up where needed but do not have the fault output.
D2412 2A module
D2403 3A module
And Batteries to match.........
Dycon Power Solutions can also supply a range of Yucel™ 12V batteries from Yuasa™; these have been specially selected to complement the advanced features of Dycon's extensive range of power supplies decribed above They provide reliable standby power from 2.1Ah, 7Ah, 17Ah, 24Ah to 38Ah for all EN54 fire systems. Remember that you need two separately connected 12V batteries to drive each EN54 power supply; Dycon's advanced electronics continuously measure the impedance and performance of each individual battery to ensure that the system functions correctly, at the same time it converts the power output to the normal fire-standard 24VDC.
Delivered to your door.....
As well as supplying individual batteries, Dycon has an all-in-one service designed to ensure that you always have the right equipment when going to site. Simply specify the size battery you require when ordering a Dycon EN54 power supply and it will be included, together with that unit and the correct battery cable, when we ship it to your designated address.