- Extra software and hardware filtering, including “Inductive Kickback Protection”, to help eliminate spikes' caused by powerful electric and magnetic door release
- Self-resetting, electronic fuses that restore power once the problem has gone away, unlike traditional glass fuses where a 'spike' can cause the door to remain open or locked until an engineer visits
- Remote ON/OFF control option allows connected doors/products to be controlled manually or by timers.
- The Dycon E-box is pre-drilled to accept the controllers from most major access system manufacturers controllers, saving time drilling and fixing during installation.
- PCB-only option enables a unit to be installed in the same cabinet as door controllers
- Rack-mounted PoE (Power over Ethernet) expandable from 4-16 channels, mid-span power supply
- Rack-mounted 8A power supply for driving 3rd party controllers
Most Dycon power supply units are suitable for use in access control systems but some have additional futures that make them especially able to overcome some of the hazards asssociated with many systems
Why do so many top UK access users choose Dycon?
An access control system depends on the reliability of a power supply unit to open/close doors whenever a valid card or token is offered. When a power supply unit fails to deliver that power , often because an electrical 'spike' from the electric or magnetic door release has blown a fuse , the door remains firmly closed. Card-holders become frustrated, doors get pushed and pulled and even permanently propped open until an engineer can visit the site and, in most cases, simply replace a traditional glass fuse! Dycon access units, available in 12VDC and 24VDC versions, use self-resetting electronic fuses and power is restored quickly and without the need for an engineer to call.
This is just one reason why many of the UK's top access control integrators use Dycon Power Solutions, either OEM versions inside their controllers or recommend their use as stand-alone units.
They also like.......
- Dycon's E-box with its base pre-drilled to accept the door or system controllers from most of the major Access Control System manufacturers and enough space to hold 2 x 17Ah batteries
- Dycon's ability to remotely switch ON or OFF the power providing automatic door release or locking when required
- The units' quick and easy status monitoring, with LED displays to show Battery fault, AC power status, and any problem within the unit itself. Some models have outputs that enable these indications to be sent to control rooms and service desks, further reducing potential system downtime
- Tremendous electricity savings during operation with at least 194KWh of electricity saved per 1A power supply compared to older technology versions, this can mean significant savings in buildings where you might have 10 or more doors.
- Dycon's flexible, rack-mounted 8A unit that can drive several 3rd party door controllers
- Dycon award-winning, rack-mounted PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) power supplies
And Batteries to match.........
Dycon Power Solutions can also supply a range of Yucel™ 12V batteries from Yuasa™; these have been specially selected to complement the advanced features of Dycon's extensive range of power supplies described above They provide reliable standby power from 2.1Ah, 7Ah, 17Ah, 24Ah to 38Ah for all your access control systems.
Delivered to your door.....
As well as supplying individual batteries, Dycon has an all-in-one service designed to ensure that you always have the right equipment when going to site. Simply specify the battery you require when ordering a Dycon power supply and it will be included, together with that unit and the correct battery cable, when we ship it to your designated address