- Designed to meet the requirements of EN50131-6, EN50131-1 and PD6662, these units provide a cost-effective and energy-saving way to provide additional power for any Grade 2 or Grade 3 intruder alarm system
- Dycon advanced switched-mode technology
- Each 1A unit can save over 131KWh of electricity p.a. in operation
- Self-resetting electronic fuses to reduce system downtime and engineer call-outs
- Dycon has a compliant Grade 4 power supply module, D2433-G1/4-P, designed to meet the very specialised requirements of EN50131/PD6662 Grade 4 intruder alarm systems. This module can be incorporated into anybody's compliant Grade 4 housing and provides a full 2A output with and additional output for charging batteries.
A range of 'smart' PSUs compliant with EN50131/PD6662 Grades 1, 2, 3 and 4
Grade 2 versions - 500mA, 1A and 2A
EN50131/PD6662-compliant power supplies must provide 1A to the system even with flat batteries connected and the mains supply at its minimum rating. To achieve this, a 1A power supply could have an overall rating of up to 2.5A.
Also, all Dycon power supply units, the batteries and electronic circuitry are protected against reverse-polarity connection by a self-resetting electronic fuse. The batteries are also protected against deep discharge, which will be invoked when the battery terminal voltage has dropped to 10.5v.
Grade 3 Versions - 3A (2A+1A for battery-charging)
In addition to the features mentioned above, these units have three voltage-free outputs that indicate: -
- External Power Source (EPS) indicating AC power fault, PSU over-voltage fault, thermal shutdown or total power down.
- Auxillary power source (APS) indicating battery not connected, battery load-test fault, battery voltage low or total power down
- Power Supply Unit problem (PSU) indicating output voltage low or total power down
These outputs can be connected to an alarm system's control panel inputs so that they can be displayed or signalled to a remote monitoring centre.
Designed to meet the requirements of EN50131/PD6662:2012 Grade 3 intruder alarm systems, featuring the latest Surface-Mount technology, Dycon's D1532 and D1632 can also be used in Grade1, 2 and 2X systems where additional power is required to drive peripheral devices such as large sirens, external detectors, access control systems and door releases. It’s unique, advanced, power technology utilises the latest on-demand battery charging and dynamic load output current sharing (DLS) to ensure that the system’s battery is never over-stressed, thus prolonging its life and its ability to respond when needed. Additional battery health impedance checks, battery presence detection, deep discharge battery protection and battery over-voltage shutdown protection all go to ensure that a system functions always functions at an optimum level.
An integral RJ45 data-port and onboard UART circuitry simplify data integration with other systems and communication networks. This data can include the operational status of the unit including output voltage and current, battery charge rates/ voltages, battery impedance, and ambient temperature. This information can easily be transmitted to a remote service centre so that prompt intervention can be actioned and, thus, avert potential costly system shutdowns.
Grade 4 Version - 3A (2A+1A for battery-charging)
Designed to meet the very specialised requirements of EN50131/PD6662:2012 Grade 4, Dycon D2431-G1/4-P is a compliant Grade 4 power supply module that can be incorporated into anybody's compliant Grade 4 housing, the module provides a full 2A output with an additional output for charging batteries.
And Batteries to match.........
Dycon Power Solutions can also supply a range of Yucel™ 12V batteries from Yuasa™; these have been specially selected to complement the advanced features of Dycon's extensive range of power supplies described above They provide reliable standby power from 2.1Ah, 7Ah, 17Ah, 24Ah to 38Ah for all intruder systems.
Delivered to your door.....
As well as supplying individual batteries, Dycon has an all-in-one service designed to ensure that you always have the right equipment when going to the site. Simply specify the battery you require when ordering a Dycon power supply and it will be included, together with that unit and the correct battery cable, when we ship it to your designated address